Click on the button below to listen to this episode of the Start Fierce Business Podcast…
Shay Duriel of The Bronze Hustle didn’t set out to become an entrepreneur. After graduating from college, she got a job and set out on the path to climb the corporate ladder.
Eventually, she started a blog, where she wrote about content marketing and other business related matters she’s learned over the years.
Today, The Bronze Hustle educates black millennial women on standing out online and creating influential brands through online entrepreneurship and content marketing.
In this podcast episode, Shay talks about how taking a traditional career path, led her to entrepreneurship. We talk about how challenging being a leader can be. We also discuss why you need to take action instead of only consuming content.“When you really get started you just have to hone in on what you want to get done, how to do it, and how to make it work.” - Shay Duriel Click To Tweet
In This Episode of the Start Fierce Business Podcast:
- Shay talks about starting out on a traditional career path and getting drawn into entrepreneurship.
- She talks about how stepping into a leadership role has been a challenge for her.
- We discuss mistakes we’ve made working with interns.
- We also talk about the importance of doing instead of consuming a lot of content when you’re just starting out.
- I share how much I dread when people listen to my first few podcast episodes, but why I leave them up anyway.
- We discuss using entrepreneurial skills in the workplace.
- We also talk about taking action so you don’t feel like you haven’t accomplished anything.
Shay’s Favorite Online App:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
Mentioned in this Episode:
Reach Out to Shay:
Give Us a Rate & Review!
Thank you for listening to the Start Fierce Business Podcast! I truly appreciate each and every one of you. If you have any questions or comments about the show, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you found the information and interviews shared on this podcast helpful, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review!
Cindy Rodriguez is the host of the Start Fierce Business Podcast. When she’s not interviewing awesome entrepreneurs, she’s working on growing her startup, going to Disney World with her daughter, or reading a book.