Click on the button below to listen to this episode of the Start Fierce Business Podcast…
James Swanwick of Swanwick Sleep is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker, former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN and podcast host.
He’s the CEO of Swanwick Sleep and creator of blue-light blocking glasses Swannies, which help people sleep better. He’s also the author of The 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, which helps people reduce or quit alcohol.
Forbes listed James as one of 25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch in 2015. He’s interviewed celebrities including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
James is also the host of The James Swanwick Show and has been interviewed on podcasts including Art of Charm as well as news sites including Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, Psychology Today and Yahoo Health. He’s also been on the TV show Live with Kelly.
In this podcast episode, James shares how he got his product in the hands of celebrities such as Rihanna. He shares a smart roadmap to timing your product launches. We also discuss why wearing blue-light blocking glasses will transform your sleep.The sooner you can put out a secondary product to complement your first product the better your business will be. - James Swanwick Click To Tweet
In This Episode of the Start Fierce Business Podcast:
- James shares how he turned an idea from a napkin at a bar into a six-figure a month business.
- He talks about the factors that affect your sleep and what you can do to get better quality sleep. (Spoiler: Even brushing your teeth with the lights on affects your sleep!)
- He shares when and how to launch products that complement your initial product offering and increase your profits.
- James also tells us how he got celebrities from Game of Thrones actors to Rihanna and Chris Rock to use his product. And how he was able to score pictures of these celebs wearing his product.
- We discuss how James got a dream job of being an ESPN sports anchor, but left it behind for entrepreneurship and barely made $20k a year for two years after he quit.
- He also shares how after 2 years of very low income he made a major breakthrough which resulted in $10k a month in revenue, to now six-figures in revenue per month.
James’s Favorite Online App:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Managing Oneself by Peter F. Drucker
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack by Charles T. Munger
Reach Out to James:
- James’ Website: JamesSwanwick.com
- The 30 Day no Alcohol Challenge
- James’ Personal Instagram: @JamesSwanwick
- Business Instagram: @sleep
Cindy Rodriguez is the host of the Start Fierce Business Podcast. When she’s not interviewing awesome entrepreneurs, she’s working on growing her startup, going to Disney World with her daughter, or reading a book.